This information is for International (non-U.S.) students without a U.S. Commercial Pilot Certificate Multi-Engine Rating, without an Instrument Rating, or without an ATP Certificate. The following procedures are necessary for attending our pilot certification courses.


Download the Foreign Verification Form and print. Read the instructions and fill out the form using black ink. Crew Pilot Training will also need front & back copies of your license, passport, and medical for processing.

Scan and e-mail to CPT will send your forms to the FAA for processing.

Next Steps: The FAA will send the information to your Civil Air Agency for verification of your license and medical. Your agency will then verify that your license and medical is correct, and they will send the information back to the FAA. The FAA will then send a letter of verification to both you and our FAA office in Dallas, Texas. Once you get your copy of the letter, scan and send it to Ray and bring the letter with you to class so that we can furnish you with a rating and the B-737 type simultaneously. The reason for this is that NO FAA EXAMINER can write a type rating on a foreign license. It will take about 4 to 6 weeks for the verification letter to be checked and cleared, so it is important that this part of your enrollment is accomplished quickly.


Go to and start the application process for your approval to enter our class for training. You will need the following information from Ray:

  • Course Name: Boeing 737 Type Rating
  • Course ID Number: The date of your class in DDMMYYYY format. e.g.: If you are attending a class starting August 14th, 2014, your Course ID Number is: 14082014.
  • CAT Number: 1 – 2 -3 or 4
    • For Low-Time Pilots with < 1000 Hours: CAT 1
    • For Pilots with > 1,000 Hours: CAT 3
    • For Recurrent 737 Type-Rated Pilots: CAT 4

This process will take approximately 4 to 6 weeks for final approval. If you already have fingerprinting on file, approval will take less time.

NOTE:  All of our classes are less than a month, so rather than do the normal INS I-20 form, come in the US on a B-1 or 2 visa since you will already have TSA approval.


We encourage your to visit our FAQ page for advice on successfully completing our courses.